Green Business Practices
Green business practices are important to Headway Marketing for obvious reasons. Here are some the ways we’ve created an eco-friendly business and tried to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Turn off computers and monitors overnight and on weekends.
- Purchase qualifying “Energy Star” energy saving office equipment.
- Turn off lights when not in use.
- Open windows instead of using air conditioning when possible.
- Turn off climate control when not needed.
- Refrain from purchasing bottled water.
- Give preference to locally manufactured supplies.
- Install desk side recycling.
- Use email instead of snail mail.
- Store electronic reports rather than paper reports.
- Reuse paper for note pads.
- Buy only recycled paper.
- Use low wattage or compact fluorescents light bulbs.
- Use biodegradable and non-toxic cleaning supplies.
- Use re-manufactured or refillable toner cartridges for printers and photocopiers.
- Use rechargeable batteries in battery-powered devices.
- Take advantage of telecommuting and allow certain positions to be performed from home with an internet connection and telephone.
- Conduct virtual meetings when possible